Nine Core Beliefs of Quakers: From Quakerspeak video presented by Arthur Larrabee.
1. There is a living, dynamic, spiritual presence at work and in the world which is both within us and outside of us.
2. There is that of God in everyone.
3. Each person is capable of the direct and unmediated experience of God.
4. Our understanding and experience of God is nurtured and enlarged in community.
5. The Bible is an important spiritual resource, and the life teaching of Jesus are relevant for us today.
6. The revelation of God’s truth is continuing and ongoing.
7. We welcome truth from whatever source it may come.
8. Our inward experience of God transforms us and leads us into outward expressions of faithful living, witness, and action.
9. Modeling God’s presence in our lives is more important than espousing beliefs.
Leave a Reply